On 04 Oct 2008 Pieter posted a dns implementation for U-Boot.
> DNS can be enabled by setting CFG_CMD_DNS. After performing a query,
> the serverip environment var is updated.
> Probably there are some cosmetic issues with the patch. Unfortunatly I
> do not have the time to correct these. So if anybody else likes DNS
> support in U-Boot and has the time, feel free to patch it in the main tree.
Here it is again - slightly modified & smaller:
- update to 2009-06 (Pieter's patch was for U-Boot 1.2.0)
- README.dns is added
- syntax is changed (now takes a third option, the env var to store
the result in)
- add a random port() function in net.c
- sort Makefile in ./net/Makefile
- dns just returns unless a env var is given
- run through checkpatch, and clean up style issues
- remove packet from stack
- cleaned up some comments
- failure returns much faster (if server responds, don't wait for
- use built in functions (memcpy) rather than byte copy.
Signed-off-by: Robin Getz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Signed-off-by: Pieter Voorthuijsen <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: Ben Warren <firstname.lastname@example.org>